Joe's New Blog

Nothing special, this is just my third effort at writing a blog about my life and what goes on in it: Hobbies, cooking, work, maybe the occasional book or DVD review, and so forth. Nothing really noteworthy, but this is sort of a little subset of my world...

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Daily Journal: Day 94 of 365

Yesterday I wound up being completely shut out on the driving front after all. Fortunately, the weather was quite nice all evening. While waiting around for cars to pull up, I called Tom, the drummer from Lewisville. We’re going to get together on Saturday and see whether we have any musical common ground. He’s going to see if he can get anyone else over to play, which would be cool. The whole bass and drums by themselves thing never seems to work out all that well for me.

I also got a call from Scott, who was supposed to go to the hockey game with me this Sunday. He got volunteered for something at his church, so he had to back out. I don’t really feel like begging anyone to go with me, so I’m going to see if I can sell the tickets on Craigslist or something of that nature.

This morning, I finally got the release to do the filing that’s been backed up for the past three days. I managed to get done with about three quarters of it, and hopefully I’ll be able to get the rest caught up tomorrow. Today was a pretty slow day, so I don’t think I’ll have too much trouble.

As I was walking back and forth to the file room with the couple of large stacks of papers, the severe thunderstorm warning from the Weather Channel came to fruition. There was a little bit of hail, but mostly it just poured down buckets. It took me two trips, and by the time I was done, my pants were completely drenched from the rain blowing sideways into them. Fortunately, I’d worn my rain jacket, so the rest of me wasn’t too bad off. And about twenty minutes after I got settled in the file room, the rain stopped. When I went out an hour or so later, the sun was shining and it was probably about 75 degrees. It would figure that I did all my trips during the half hour of the day when it was pouring.

The afternoon was pretty dead again. I had one pickup, which was just up the freeway. Aside from that, I was just a porter again. Again, the weather was nice, but it was boring and I’d rather have been doing something halfway useful instead. Oh well. Guess I should head down to the college and try to get those summer classes set up. Maybe then I can start looking for a better job…


Post a Comment

<< Home