Joe's New Blog

Nothing special, this is just my third effort at writing a blog about my life and what goes on in it: Hobbies, cooking, work, maybe the occasional book or DVD review, and so forth. Nothing really noteworthy, but this is sort of a little subset of my world...

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Daily Journal: Day 74 of 365

It’s not been a great day today. The early part of the morning went all right. It was time for Ernie to go to the vet and get his second round of shots and worming. He didn’t want to ride in the old pet taxi, which he’s rapidly outgrowing. So I just left the lid open on it and he pretty much rode leaning out of it and staring out the window. He never really tried to get out or move around, which is good. It seems that driving him around a little is having a good effect on him.

At the vet’s office, he behaved quite well. Everyone thought he was just adorable. He did get over-excited and peed on the sidewalk on the way in, but I don’t think that’s something to get too upset over. The appointment went well, and we’re going to have to schedule another one for about a month from now to get his last round of shots done and to make sure the worming has worked.

At work today, I got some stuff done, but the combination of finishing up the warranty stuff from yesterday and having to go chase down a couple of files really didn’t help much. I guess I’m a little closer to caught up than I was yesterday at the end of the day, but still nowhere near as close as I was the day before. I’m not sure that I’ll ever get as far ahead as I was a few months ago.

Driving was kind of a mixed bag today. I was told that I don’t look anywhere near my age, which is nice. Of course, it was a lady who is probably close to 80 herself who said as much, but I’ll still take the compliments where I can get them. I had to take one young lady home, and that one was sort of an odd ride. She made a little conversation, but not much, and when we got to her apartment complex, she just had me drop her off at the office. It’s like she thought I was going to drive back and stalk her or something. Oh well. Most of the other rides were just your run of the mill people. I’d describe them a little more, but it’s not really all that terribly interesting.

After I got home, I wound up getting in a bit of an argument with the girlfriend over the training of the puppy. She’s been trying to get him to sit and stay before eating, instead of just running over the bowl. Today, we wound up feeding him later than usual anyway, and he didn’t have much lunch, so it just felt to me like it was starting to become sort of a torture to him. And when she said that letting him have the food was just giving in to him, I pretty much just snapped at her and let her deal with him for the rest of the evening. I shouldn’t have done that, and I feel bad about it. I’ll apologize when I go downstairs.

I did use the time when I was angry to get the litter box cleaned and to install the scanner software on my laptop. I scanned all the recipes from an issue of Taste of Home for her. She wanted some of them, but I can’t remember which ones, so I just did the whole thing. And now, since it’s getting late and I’m still on night-watch, I’m going to go downstairs and go to bed…


Post a Comment

<< Home